PI-SCALE Flexible OLED Design Competition 2017
Welcome to the PI-SCALE Flexible OLED Design Competition 2017
About the Contest
The OLED Design Competition invites designer proposals for organic light-emitting diode (OLED) lighting and signage applications that highlight the special features of OLED technology: foldable, twistable, bendable, conformable, transparency, large area illumination and finely patterned designs. The overall/outer shape of the OLED can be anything within size limits given in the OLED Design Handbook. As the OLED light is cool, it can be implemented in applications where it can be touched.
The competition is open to individuals, groups and organizations from every country in the world. There is no limit on the number of entries per person. Participation is free. Further interaction with Grant Winner occurs after award of prize, as there is opportunity to fabricate the OLED design prototype with the help of technical experts.
- Competition launched: 12.6.2017
Phase 1: Sketch and submit your ideas
- Contest entry due to:13.10.2017
- Top 3 Finalists are announced: 20.10.2017
Phase 2: Developing Top 3 Finalists’ ideas further with technical experts
- Detailed ideas due to: 12.11.2017
- Grant Winner announced: 14.11.2017
- Award ceremony and showcase of the OLED design prototype: to be informed in the beginning of 2018
- Grant Winner Prize: 2’000 euros
Design Evaluation Criteria
Jury of the Contest will evaluate your design considering the following criteria:
- Design uniqueness: highlights form factors, surface of light and quality of light
- Market potential: design can be sold through channels familiar to the market segment
- User experience: how the design enhances user experience
- Path to fabrication: materials required, assembly and integration steps, design must be manufacturable with real world processes
The following information will help you make sure your entry meets competition requirements and that you understand the parameters and process. Best of luck to you!